About the Designer


Hello! I am Sheila, an 20 year old homeschool graduate from British Columbia, Canada.  From age 4 to 17 I studied piano, and at the age of 9 I picked up the flute. Although I started the flute 5 years after the piano, I achieved a Grade 10 RCM level in piano, and Grade 9/10 on flute.  In the summer of 2008, I had the great opportunity to attend the Sir James Galway International Flute Masterclass in Weggis, Switzerland, and learned an immense amount from this flute master. When I was younger I sang with a children's choir, and studied classical voice for almost two years, completing my Grade 7 RCM exam with first class honours. I have also sung with various amazing choirs over the years, and am deeply in love with the world of choral music.  As well I have completed RCM Music History 4 and Harmony 3.  I also taught piano and flute for several years, enjoying the progress and joy my students found in music

Aside from music, I have also worked as a lifeguard, certified through the Royal Lifesaving Society, and as a Water Safety/Swim Instructor through the Canadian Red cross, and have completed a year at Bible School.  I am now studying nursing at Bob Jones University in South Carolina.  Among other things, I thoroughly enjoy spending time in nature and letting the wind blow through my hair. :-)

God bless,
Sheila